The Make It Work campaign consists of two projects – Make It Work and Make It Work Action. Make It Work is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, and Make It Work Action is a project of the 1630 Fund, a 501(c)(4) organization. Both New Venture Fund and 1630 Fund (collectively, the “Funds”, or “we” or “us” or “our”) incubate new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs.
Collection of Information
–Information You Provide to Us. We collect information about you when you voluntarily provide that information to us. For example, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number and/or credit card information when you sign up on the Site to receive emails from us, or when you make a financial donation, or when you sign a petition or share your personal story with us.
–Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site. When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
–Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, if you interact with the Site through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Our Use of Your Information
We may use information about you that we collect through the Site for various purposes, including to:
- Carry out the purpose for which the information was collected, such as to provide you with information you requested or to process a donation;
- Communicate with you about services, offers, promotions, campaigns, and events offered by us and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Provide, maintain and improve the Site;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
The Funds are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
How We Project Your Information
We use appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to help protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, but we cannot guarantee that your information is 100% secure. Your credit card information is stored in a manner that is PCI compliant.
Sharing of Information
We may share information we collect about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of the us or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Site Provided by Others
For example, we use certain Google Analytics
- Remarketing with Google AdWords
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
This enables Google, to show our ads on sites across the Internet. We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Site and other sites and to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
For more information about other Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/
Your Information: You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us with your request at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for other legitimate purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the Site. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.
Promotional Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or messages from us by following the instructions in those emails or messages or by sending us an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about our ongoing service relationship (if applicable).
Third Party Websites
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect information at the Site from those we know are under 13, and no part of the Site is structured to attract anyone under 13. If we become aware of having information about anyone under 13, we will promptly delete the information.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to us, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at email@example.com.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Dated: January 4, 2016